IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Henderson hoping Liverpool form can secure England berth for World Cup


Henderson hoping Liverpool form can secure England berth for World Cup



The former Sunderland midfielder has returned to the Three Lions squad for the first time since June 2012, and is keen to impress in friendlies against Chile and Germany
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson is hoping his good form for the Reds will continue when he dons an England shirt this week, as he bids to impress enough to secure a place in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad.

The 23-year-old has been ever-present for the Reds this season, earning the plaudits of Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers and subsequently forcing his way back into the Three Lions setup for the first time in almost 18 months.

Henderson is thrilled to be back in the England fold and even keener to impress, with the former Sunderland man acutely aware of the need to perform well to cement a place in the squad ahead of next summer's tournament.

LIVERPOOL LATEST
15/2 Jordan Henderson is 15/2 with BetVictor to score anytime against Chile
“It's a massive boost for me and I'm delighted to be involved,” Henderson told reporters. “But when I am there with England I need to make sure that I work hard, do what I have been doing for Liverpool and make sure I get picked again.

“World Cup places are up for grabs for anyone. If you are doing well and your team is doing well, then people will be looking at you but you have to take the chance.

“Now I have the opportunity to train with England and I have to make sure I am right. Everyone wants to go to a World Cup in Brazil but just going out and playing every week is an inspiration for me really.”

Henderson's last appearance for the Three Lions came in the European Championship in June 2012, where he was given substitute outings against France and Italy, and the Liverpool man was delighted with the faith shown in him by Hodgson.

“It was brilliant that he could turn to me and put me on at that stage of a game like that,” Henderson added.

“It is good that he believed that I could go and do a job for the team and I feel like I have improved since then and hopefully I can keep going and put in some good performances.

“I came on in extra time when Scotty Parker was getting a bit tired and I just tried to come on and give the team some legs in the middle of  the park. We got beat on penalties which was disappointing.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets