The defender insists he has no intention of leaving the club any time soon as he nears a return to action following a lengthy spell out with a hip injury
Borussia Dortmund right back Lukasz Piszczek has revealed he should make his return from injury in the new year and hinted he could see out his career at Signal Iduna Park.

The 28-year old hasn't played for BVB since the Champions League final encounter with rival Bayern Munich in May after undergoing surgery on his hip, but the Poland international has set his sights on a return in the new year as he looks to continue his successful career under Jurgen Klopp.

"I feel good," Piszczek told Borussen.Tv. "There are days when you don't feel particularly great, but that's normal at this stage of the recovery process. I'll definitely be fit for the second half of the season. I want to return before then but, if I don't, I won't be too downhearted."

Having extended his contract with Dortmund until 2017, Piszczek also revealed he intends to finish his career with last season's Bundesliga runners-up.

"I'm happy here. I'm not the sort of player who likes to change clubs every two years," he said. "If everything goes well, I can imagine finishing my career at Dortmund."

Dortmund currently sits four points adrift of Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga having lost to Wolfsburg last time out, though the two meet at Signal Iduna Park following the international break.