IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Saturday 2 November 2013

Martins hints at Italy return

Martins
Seattle Sounders striker Obafemi Martins has hinted he might return to the Serie A before he calls it quit in his career.

The former Inter Milan player told TMW that he still has reasons to visit Italy where he has refused to dispose his house and some of his properties.

“Never say never,” he answered when asked if he could return to play in Italy.

“I’m happy here (in the United States). It was a choice between football and lifestyle which I made after consulting my agent Tirri. After Russia, after Spain, I opted for the States and I’m glad I did. The Italian league is beautiful, clear, but it is early to talk about the future. “Life here is very calm and serene.


 There is great pressure for the players.”

He said on the competitiveness of the leagues: “Each nation has its own: in Italy there is a kind of game, in the English Premier League, there’s another. Spanish football is also unique. They’re difficult to compare. But surely football is developing everywhere.”

The former Levante forward was thrilled to have been mentioned by new Inter Milan owner Erick Thohir.
Thohir declared Martins as one of his favourite players when he was coming through at Inter.
“I thank Thohir, his sign of esteem excites me a lot,” he said.

“It’s wonderful that he remembers me. I started my professional career at Inter and it was a pleasure and it will be a pleasure to return to Italy soon.

“I have a second home there, I never sold my place in Como.”
Martins also revealed his relationship with Inter president Massimo Moratti.

When my father died, he (Moratti) gave me some money to go to Nigeria, to see my family. I was very young, but this is something priceless. He was not required to do so, it was not necessary and it is a gesture that I will remember forever.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets