IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Wednesday 2 October 2013

I rejected Chelsea in 2003 – Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson
Alex Ferguson has revealed that he turned down an approach by Roman Abramovich to become Chelsea manager in 2003.
Ferguson, speaking to Charlie Rose on American network PBS, claimed that he had been contacted by an intermediary acting on behalf of the Chelsea owner.

However, Ferguson rejected Abramovich’s overtures and Chelsea kept hold of Claudio Ranieri until the era-defining appointment of Jose Mourinho in 2004.

“They used an agent to approach me when Abramovich first took over the club,” Ferguson said.
“I said, ‘No chance,’”.

Ferguson was always going to be a tough act to follow having won an incredible 49 trophies in his 26-year tenure at Old Trafford but he was adamant that he would not be tempted out of retirement regardless of how successor David Moyes performs.
The former Everton boss has lost three of his first eight games in charge of the club.
“I’m not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United’s results,” Ferguson said.
“I made my decision. The timing was perfect. There is no way back for me now. I’ve got a new life.
“I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France.”
Bookmakers have slashed the odds of Ferguson returning to the Old Trafford hot-seat if Moyes’s woes continue but he was keen to praise the credentials of his successor – despite the Red Devils making their worst start to a league season in 24 years.
“United are in good hands with David Moyes. He will be fine. He’s a good manager.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets