IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Friday 18 October 2013

Agbonlahor harbours England World Cup hopes


Agbonlahor
Gabriel Agbonlahor hopes an impressive season for Aston Villa can earn him an unlikely place in England’s FIFA World Cup squad.

The 27-year-old striker has three caps but has not featured for England since 2009 when he played 66 minutes of a 3-0 win over Belarus.

While he is yet to score for Villa this season, Agbonlahor hopes a surge in form can put him in Roy Hodgson’s plans for the tournament in Brazil next year.

“I’ve always been desperate to play for England. World Cups, European Championships, qualifying matches – even a friendly – it doesn’t matter to me,” he told The Sun.
 
“It’s always an honour to play for your country. Every time you pull on an England shirt is an honour as far as I’m concerned.

“There must be reasons why I haven’t been in the squad as much as I feel I should, but that’s down to me, no one else.

“It’s my job to have a really good season and show what I can do.

“It’d be a massive honour to go to the World Cup and represent England in Brazil. If not, I’ll simply put my head down and start working towards making the squad for the 2018 finals in Russia.”

Agbonlahor has seen Tottenham’s Andros Townsend earn a place in Hodgson’s starting XI, playing an important role in England’s final two qualifiers.

Townsend’s emergence has given Agbonlahor hope of reclaiming a place for England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets