IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Sunday 15 September 2013

Moyes warns Young over diving

Manchester United manager David Moyes has told Ashley Young that he will not tolerate diving from any of his players.
Ashley Young was booked for simulation during the 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace.
GettyImagesAshley Young was booked for simulation during the 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace.
• Brewin: Marouane made to wait
• Okwonga: Januzaj impresses
Young received a yellow card from referee Jon Moss for simulation after a challenge from Crystal Palace's Kagisho Dikgacoi in United's 2-0 win at Old Trafford.


The winger then earned a controversial penalty later in the first half after the same player was adjudged to have brought him down, despite replays suggesting the challenge was made outside of the box.
Dikgacoi was sent off with Moss determining he had denied Young a goal-scoring opportunity as the last man. Robin van Persie tucked the penalty away with Wayne Rooney adding a second for United from a free-kick late on.

However, Moyes -- who as Everton boss had been critical of Phil Neville when he dived during last year’s Merseyside derby -- was clearly unimpressed with Young after he collected the third caution of his career for simulation.

Moyes said: "I've always said I don't like diving. He deserved to get booked. I don't want any of my players diving -- I don't want anybody doing it. If you look at it, the boy definitely throws his leg out and Ashley's leg goes into it. I think Ashley has put his leg into it. But I will definitely say to Ashley that it is not what I want."
Moyes also said he felt Dikgacoi had been unlucky to be red-carded.

"I don't like the rule where every time it is the last man it means it is [a sending-off]," he said. "I thought it was harsh. If I was Ian Holloway I would be disappointed. Okay, it might be a penalty, but I don't think the boy made a challenge to wipe him out. Unfortunately that is the rule."

Palace manager Ian Holloway -- who was given a two-match touchline ban for criticising the officials' performance during his side’s defeat to Tottenham earlier this season -- refused to discuss Young’s behaviour.

“I don't talk about other people's players,” he said. “If you want to meet me down the pub later on I will tell you exactly what I think.”

Holloway served the first game of his ban at Old Trafford and he added: “It is a weird feeling being up in the crowd and seeing how partisan their fans are. They were shouting for everything.

“They were shouting for stuff before we even kicked off. If you are in the middle and you have that whistle, it is very hard. I am glad I don't have it.”

Two seasons ago, Young won dubious penalties against Aston Villa and Queens Park Rangers at Old Trafford, which led Moyes' predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson, to say he would "have a word" with the winger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets