Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has revealed that manager Brendan Rodgers calls him “killer” and said that he needed to leave Paris Saint-Germain.

Sakho joined Liverpool in the summer from the French champions due to extra competition due to the arrival of Marquinhos from Italian side Roma.

The 23-year-old outlined that he left PSG for the sake of his place in the France national squad and said that he is adjusting to life in England.

“I’m taking English lessons,” said the defender. “As for the football, it’s not lived in the same way.
“I’m learning and I listen to the manager’s advice. It’s funny, he calls me Killer.

“On the pitch I’m trying to adapt to my teammates and things are getting better and better because I need to communicate.
“I had to quit Paris to get back in the France squad.

“Being picked again proves many things. That I still have that level.
“Most of all that I didn’t leave to join a big club because of the competition at PSG.

“At Liverpool there are also very good players in my position but the competition is clean. At Paris it had become complicated.

“I don’t want to talk about someone behind their back. I could say many things about certain directors at Paris but there’s no point.

“I’ve put that behind me and closed the door. The day I decided to leave PSG, I just got on with it.”