IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Wilshere clarifies Januzaj comments


Jack Wilshere
Jack Wilshere has clarified his comments about foreign-born players representing England and insists he was not referring to Manchester United teenager Adnan Januzaj.

Januzaj could eventually be eligible for England through residency, but the Arsenal midfielder appeared to raise concerns about the 18-year-old being called into the squad in the future.

“The only people who should play for England are English people,” he said at an England press conference on Tuesday ahead of their World Cup qualifiers against Montenegro and Poland.


“If you live in England for five years it doesn’t make you English. If I went to Spain and lived there for five years I am not going to play for Spain.”

Wilshere has since suggested that some of his comments were taken out of context.
He wrote on Twitter, “Just to clarify a few things….again!

“Seems to be a trend in this country, poor journalism in my eyes! I wasn’t referring to Janujaz (sic)…
“The question was should foreign players be allowed to play for England, and in my opinion I don’t think they should! He is a great player…

“I wish he was English! I’m sure most of you agree with me even if some journalist are trying to make me look bad….again!”

Januzaj has never expressed a desire to represent England and is likely to opt for Belgium, the country of his birth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets