IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Sunday 6 October 2013

I considered suicide after losing to Mayweather – Hatton


Ricky Hatton
Ricky Hatton has revealed how he self-harmed while on the brink of suicide as his life became enveloped by drink and drugs.

The retired fighter admits that depression took hold after his first ever loss, to Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas in 2007.

He has described how he broke down in tears following the fight, feeling that he’d let everyone down, and turned to alcohol in a bid to block out his anguish.

The revelations come in Hatton’s new book – War And Peace: My Story – extracts of which were published in The Sun on Sunday.

The 34-year-old said: “I was losing myself in Guinness after Guinness. I didn’t care what I looked like. I was on a suicide mission.”

He also said: “I lift the blade and terrible thoughts come into my head. I should end it sooner rather than later. The cold blade makes contact. I break the skin, pierce the flesh of my wrist. I just want to die.”

After losing to Manny Pacquiao in May 2009 in Las Vegas Hatton’s depression worsened and he turned to drugs.

He said: “I hoped drugs might make things better, shortly after the Pacquiao fight.”
A year later he was filmed by a newspaper snorting cocaine in a hotel room.

Hatton’s state of mind has much improved, in part thanks to help group Sporting Chance – founded by former Arsenal captain Tony Adams – which he said has taught him how to cope when things flare up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets