IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Bergkamp eyes Arsenal coaching role


Bergkamp eyes Arsenal coaching role

The 44-year-old Ajax assistant rejected a scouting position when he retired in 2006 but is now open return to the Emirates Stadium - and claims other former players are also keen

Dennis Bergkamp has revealed he is keen to return to Arsenal in a coaching role.

The former Netherlands international left Arsene Wenger's side in 2006 to call time on an 11-year spell in the Premier League.

Bergkamp rejected the chance of a scouting position at Arsenal following his retirement, but after two years as an assistant to Frank de Boer at Ajax, the 44-year-old says he is now open a return to north London.





"The feeling Johan Cruyff has had for Barcelona, I have the same with Arsenal," Bergkamp told The Telegraph.

"At Arsenal it was a good click. I always enjoyed it. I never had a bad day there. It is always on my mind. It is part of my ambition to come back at some stage.

"I can’t really plan ahead. I know I will be here [at Ajax] for at least another three or five years and then I don’t know. I don’t see myself being at Ajax for the rest of my coaching career. I don’t see myself as a manager.

"I see myself as being part of the coaching staff. I really enjoy that role, especially the individual training with the strikers."

Bergkamp also revealed that other former Arsenal players are open to a return and claims that Patrick Vieira, now Manchester City's elite development squad coach, has expressed an interest along with Thierry Henry.

He continued: "I’ve spoken to or have heard about others who would also love to come back.

"Steve Bould is there now which is excellent. I’ve spoken to Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry would love to come back to Arsenal one day. Tony [Adams] is a big option as well."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets