IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Thursday 12 September 2013

Pogba: I snubbed Chelsea, Arsenal & Milan for Juventus


Pogba: I snubbed Chelsea, Arsenal & Milan for Juventus

Paul Pogba says he was unwilling to listen to offers from Chelsea, Arsenal and AC Milan ahead of his switch from Manchester United to Juventus.

The French youngster joined the Red Devils' youth academy in 2009 from Le Havre but, was unable to force his way into the first team, making just three Premier League appearances.

However, the midfielder says as soon as Juventus were enquiring about his services, former United coach Sir Alex Ferguson could no longer persuade him to stay at Old Trafford.

"Sir Alex Ferguson tried to keep me at Manchester United, but he didn’t get very far," the 20-year-old told Sky Sport Italia.

"Other clubs were tracking me but I only had Juve in my mind. At the time, I heard from Chelsea, Arsenal and Milan, but nobody is like Juve."

The Bianconeri have seen world-class French midfield players play at the club, including Michel Platini, Didier Deschamps and Zinedine Zidane.

Pogba says having the opportunity to emulate those footballing greats was a key factor behind his decision to move to Turin.

"Since childhood I’ve always liked Juve and supported that team," he added.

"For the French this club means a great deal, as so many French champions played in Turin, so that’s why I liked them.

"I am happy to be here and I want to win many trophies with this jersey."

Pogba has so far won the Supercoppa Italiana twice and Serie A once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets