IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Sunday 13 October 2013

Ohawuchi happy in Malta


ohawuchi stan
Former Flying Eagles star, Stanley Ohawuchi, is picking up the pieces of his career in Malta with some dazzling displays in his second season at Sliema Wanderers.

Ohawuchi, who represented Nigeria at the 2009 U-20 World Cup in Egypt, joined Spanish side Atletico Baleares in 2012 but the move was short-lived after what the striker termed ‘a normal misunderstanding between players’ agent, player and club.’

“I didn’t leave Baleares because of lack of playing time. Things went wrong and I had to leave along with other Nigerian players in the club,” Ohawuchi said.


“For now I’m enjoying myself because I’m on top of my game at the moment with the help of God. The weather is like that of Mallorca in Spain, where I was before, and the food is nice. There’s a lot of African shops here. Again, almost everyone in Malta is a catholic, just like me.” he added.

He joined Wanderers in the 2012/13 mid-season and his impact has been remarkable playing eight games and scoring six goals in the Maltese topflight league. He also grabbed a goal in two Europa Cup games.
The former Heartland player has continued from where he stopped last season but he admits a Nigerian agent played a big role in his success.

“This season, we have played five games and I’ve scored seven goals and I’m still counting. I came here (Malta) with the help of a Nigerian agent and he helped me settle down with words of encouragement.

“The league is nice and upcoming. In life there are always ups and downs and you can’t actually predict. I guess God knows why I’m here. It has been awesome for me because as a striker, scoring goals makes you to adapt fast and I’m happy doing just that.

Ohawuchi believes he would be back to mainstream Europe soon and doesn’t feel bad that his U-20 teammates like Lukman Haruna, Odion Ighalo and Sone Aluko have proved their worth in the bigger leagues.

“Not at all; football is like that. Everyone has his time and I’m happy for them. When it’s my time to move up in the national team and club level, no one can stop me,” the 23-year-old added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets