IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Wednesday 9 October 2013

'Really enjoying my midfield role' - The Rooney tweet which contradicts exit talk

Rooney Warm Up
Manchester United sriker Wayne Rooney has been discussing his potential exit from the club this summer.
'Midfield role at Manchester United got me down, admits Wayne Rooney' - Reads the Independent's headline this morning.

They are just one of many papers to report quotes from the striker given at a press briefing on England duty, and here is exactly what he had to say:

"Everyone at the club knew that [in attack] is where I wanted to play and I think that's why I was disappointed because I got told to play in midfield and I didn't want to. But I'd always go in and try to help the team, so I think there had to come a point where for my own career I had to be a bit selfish, really."


So that's all well and good, but didn't Rooney actually say last season how he was enjoying playing in midfield?

Yes he did, telling his seven million Twitter followers after the win away to Newcastle:

Now of course a whole season playing in the position, compared to just one game can cause the Manchester United man to change his opinion, as is his prerogative, but the contradiction does not really make him look too smart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets