Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has claimed that England can win the World Cup this summer.

The Polish international was between the sticks for Poland last night as they lost to England 2-0. While Szczesny is devastated his country failed to qualify, he is certain England can claim the famous trophy in Brazil.

“They can go all the way. I thought offensively England were fantastic,” said Szczesny.
“England are also solid in defence now, so if they keep going like that and can improve a bit more, then surely they will have a chance at the World Cup.

“If they can go to Brazil with the same attitude which beat us, then they will be one of the favourites, and I think they believe they are. I hope they can do very well.

“They created a lot of chances, which was probably good for me as it meant I could make a couple of good saves, but I am obviously very disappointed about the result.”