IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Ferguson still wants control and power at Manchester United, says Keane


Ferguson still wants control and power at Manchester United, says Keane
The 42-year-old says his former manager has a "massive ego" and admits he cried following the swift end to his career at Old Trafford in November 2005
Roy Keane claims Sir Alex Ferguson has a "massive ego" and believes the Scot is still striving for “control and power” at Manchester United.

The 71-year-old called time on his 26-year reign at Old Trafford at the end of last season but Keane, who featured under Ferguson from 1993 to 2005, believes his former manager is still looking to exert his authority at the club.

"Everything is about control and power,” Keane said in ITV4's documentary 'Keane and Vieira: Best of Enemies'.






“He's still striving for it now even though he's not manager. There's massive ego involved in that."

Keane admits he cried after he left United in November 2005 and believes he could have remained at the club for a few more seasons.

“Of course I was upset,” he said. “I did shed a few tears in my car for about two minutes. But I also told myself I had to get on with my life.

“I walked out with nothing, I had no club lined up and I was injured. I told David Gill I had been injured playing for Manchester United.

“I could have played for Manchester United easily for another couple of years.”

Keane, who was appointed as Martin O’Neill’s assistant with the Republic of Ireland national side, says his relationship with Ferguson is now “non existent”.

The former midfielder also hit out after Ferguson praised Keane in his latest autobiography for "covering every blade of grass" in the Champions League semi-final second leg against Juventus in 1999.

"Stuff like that almost insults me,” Keane said.

“I get offended when people give quotes like that about me. It's like praising the postman for delivering letters."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets