IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Fellaini plays down Scholes link and admits he snubbed Arsenal



Fellaini fellaini-city-twitter-photos_diski
 
Marouane Fellaini has insisted that he has come to Manchester United as his own player and has no intention of simply replacing Paul Scholes or Michael Carrick.

The 25-year-old also admitted that he turned down advances from Arsenal because he was convinced by United to move to Old Trafford but refused to comment on any interest from Chelsea.

Speaking to beIN Sport, Fellaini also singled out David Moyes as someone who has motivated him very well over the years.


“I don’t want to tell you everything what happened during the transfer. This was done at the last minute,” he said.
“In a transfer window, there is always a list of players, you never know if it’s true or not. But for me, I knew [Moyes] was interested in me.

“Chelsea? No comment. Arsenal? It’s true, they were interested, but Manchester United convinced me to sign for them.

“David Moyes has given me confidence. When I was in trouble early at Everton, he helped me and supported me. He did everything for me to become a great player.

“I was criticised, nobody knew who I was. I succeeded because I worked a lot. That’s why I’m playing for Manchester United today.

“[I am not trying to] replace Scholes or Carrick or anyone. I try to play my own game. It is difficult at the moment, but I will succeed.”

Comparisons with Scholes are futile because they are two completely different players but he is quite similar to Carrick, so similar in fact that when both of them play in a midfield two together, United look rather static going forward because their style of play can clash.

So far, Fellaini has struggled to replicate the form that made him so devastating at Everton and United fans are eager to see that player given that the club spent the best part of £30 milion on him. Hopefully that form returns sooner or later but his wrist injury will likely thwart any true progress until it has healed properly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets