IT ALL ABOUT SPORTS:- FOOTBALL,TENNIS,BASKETBALL,GOLF,BOXING,F1 ETC

Thursday 31 October 2013

Beckham backs Moyes for success

David Beckham has backed David Moyes to win over his doubters at Manchester United, after insisting whoever succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson was likely to be in for a rough ride at Old Trafford.

Beckham dodged questions about Ferguson's controversial autobiography in an earlier media appearance to promote his own new book, but he was a little more candid on talkSPORT radio when quizzed on Moyes's stuttering start to life at his former club.

"I played with him [Moyes] during my loan spell at Preston and I've seen him progress as a manager over the years at Everton," said Beckham.

"I'm really happy for him that he got the job at United because he’s a really great person and he’s a talented manger. It's good to see him there and the United fans are behind him well which is a good thing.


"Whoever took over after Sir Alex Ferguson left it was always going to be a difficult time, a transitional time, but at the end of the day, it’s like when a player leaves, Manchester United are still Manchester United.
"Sir Alex has retired, but David Moyes has taken over, United always move on when they sell players and I’m sure they will with Moyes as manager now."\

Beckham went on to confirm Miami is "definitely a location I'm interested in" when asked about his plans to set up a Major League Soccer franchise, but he stressed he has yet to make a final decision on where he will set-up his team.

The former United midfielder stated earlier on Wednesday that he would "not criticise Alex Ferguson" after the retired United boss offered some criticisms of the 38-year-old's showbiz lifestyle in his much-discussed book.

"I'm not going to sit here and be negative about a man who gave me the chance to play for my boyhood team, that I'd always dreamt of playing for," he said.
"For me, like I said, he gave me the chance to do that. He believed in me, he believed in the rest of the young lads that came through with us."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Flag Counter

SHOLA

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Labels

promo

ady

addy

280 prom

admentation Leaderboard

tower banner 160x600

large rectangle 336x280 ADMEN

chikita

netwrokblogs

admentation Leaderboard

Lastestsports 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

qhats

Own Your Personal, Business or Corporate Website

Popular Posts

widget


web widgets