Swansea midfielder Pablo Hernandez hopes to make his return to action from injury this weekend against Sunderland.

Hernandez has missed the last seven games for Swansea after picking up a hamstring problem in the win over West Brom last month.

The Spaniard is now working his way back to fitness and he hopes to be available for Saturday's Premier League home clash with Sunderland.


"It was a shame for me because I felt I put in my best performance so far this season against West Brom, and then I pick up a hamstring problem," Hernandez told the club's official website.

"I've had to miss seven games so it has been a frustrating period. But now I feel stronger and more confident of being available for the Sunderland game. This week has been very important for me and hopefully, with a couple of more days training, the manager will see that I am ready for this game. "

Hernandez is expecting a difficult encounter with Sunderland knowing they will be looking to impress new manager Gus Poyet in his first game in charge.

"It is an important fixture for us because we need to start picking up points at home," added Hernandez.
"But we know Sunderland have a new manager in Gus Poyet, so the players will be looking to do everything to impress him and get a good result."